Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
UMS Gas Radial Engine Enthusiasts Rabbit Hole >

UMS Gas Radial Engine Enthusiasts Rabbit Hole

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

UMS Gas Radial Engine Enthusiasts Rabbit Hole

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2024, 04:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is the fuel pump setup. I set the regulator for 18" up the fuel line gauge. This is for 9" from tank to carb and an additional 6" when installed in the plane.

Old 06-20-2024, 05:19 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Hello Robert. What fuel pump are you have? Link?
I need to install one in the Saito radial as it has the same fuel starvation problem at higher RPM's.

Thanks - J Tab
BTW - I have the APS Emcotec in my 2 Moki's but surely something is out there that will work just as well at a lower cost.
Old 06-20-2024, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by Jaketab
I need to install one in the Saito radial as it has the same fuel starvation problem at higher RPM's.

Thanks - J Tab
BTW - I have the APS Emcotec in my 2 Moki's but surely something is out there that will work just as well at a lower cost.
https://micropumps.co.uk/product/m400k-v/
Old 06-20-2024, 05:23 AM

The following users liked this post:
Jaketab (06-20-2024)
Old 06-20-2024, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Dochterman
Yes! Those are the exact same ones I ordered from Amazon now. They are supposed to arrive here in my mailbox this coming Sunday. We'll see............ I am anxious to get them set up on my UMS engine to see what the individual cylinder temps turn out to be. Thanks for making me aware of these. I think they will be a big help.
Old 06-20-2024, 11:47 AM

Thanks - J Tab
I have a Saito 60cc R3 engine that I am trying to get running. I purchased it from Morris Mini Motors over in the UK and he made a YouTube video showing him running this very same engine with an installed Walbro carburetor that I ordered for it and it looked like it was a piece of cake to get started and run. However, I can't even get a pop out of it yet. I don't have a large enough adapter for my electric starter to fit around the engine's spinner to be able to use a starter. I am waiting for an adapter to come in the mail. The engine has sat around here at my house all winter long (I live in Anchorage, Alaska) and I'm thinking that perhaps the carb has gotten clogged up or something like that. I don't have a fuel pump set up yet for this engine as it's not supposed to need one but I'm not so sure about that now. I also have a UMS 5-cylinder 55cc radial engine that does have a pump set up on it. I may have to order another fuel pump kit from MMM. If I can't get it to run or even fire once I get my starter adapter then I'm going to take off the carb and take it apart and see if there's something suspicious there.

Wow!! I just checked on the price for one of those APS Emcotec fuel pumps at CH-Ignitions and they are definitely costly.......$260.00.....but are probably worth it if you really need a pump to get the engine to run properly. MMM sells a much cheaper fuel pump kit and I may go that route.

Last edited by Gozonablat; 06-20-2024 at 11:51 AM.
Old 06-20-2024, 12:00 PM

Thanks - J Tab
Originally Posted by Robert Dochterman
I just checked out the micro fuel pumps at this link and the price in US dollars is $111.62 which is much less expensive than the APS Emcotec ones at CH-Initions. So......if I definitely think I need a fuel pump for my Saito FG 60cc R3 radial I may go with that option. We'll see on that.
Old 06-20-2024, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Gozonablat
I just checked out the micro fuel pumps at this link and the price in US dollars is $111.62 which is much less expensive than the APS Emcotec ones at CH-Initions. So......if I definitely think I need a fuel pump for my Saito FG 60cc R3 radial I may go with that option. We'll see on that.
That pump, the TCS M400k-v is top quality and perfect for our applications. They ship fast and respond to emails.

Last edited by Robert Dochterman; 06-20-2024 at 12:12 PM.